1.DO NOT HANDLE THE MATERIAL BY THE WIRING. IF CONNECTION IS BROKEN THE MATERIAL WILL NOT FUNCTION. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES ON ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS. CONTACT AN ELECTRICIAN FOR ALL WIRING CONCERNS.
2.Please note: Check all material prior to installation for any defects.
Test each piece of material easily by powering on for clear and powered off for opaque.
All or any physical defects or damage is to be reported prior to installation and removal of the protective coating that is on both sides of the material.
If your shipping container is punctured or crushed do not accept delivery.
3.While installing Smart Film a dry install is recommended. DO NOT USE WATER or any other liquid slip aids. DO NOT OPERATE MATERIAL UNTIL 100% DRY!
4.During the install, you must clean the glass surface with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol mixture only. After it dries, peel away Smart Cling Self Adhesive backing as seen in the installation video below. Please make sure that the installation area is free of debris both air borne such as animal hair, dust, oil and any potentialcontaminants. Apply tint with the provided installation tool and micro fiber cloth , making sure that the surface is 100% dry. Do not remove protective layer on finish side until the recommended 48 hour acclimation time is complete.
5.Please Note: If installing in wet bathroom environments it isrecommended to install an acid free silicone around the edges to seal from moisture. If you decide to seal the edges with a gasket or caulking you must use a LOW VOC – ACID FREE – NON TOXIC product only. Please research your sealing options and apply to a test area first , allow to dry and operate for 48-96 hours prior to completing. We recommend you request a functioning sample piece with your order for this testing purpose.
– DO NOT store material in shipping container or drum for more than 14 days.
-DO NOT exceed smart film working effect
-Provide a clean and dust free work environment
-Confirm that mounting surface is oil and residue free prior to installation.
-Clean the surface you are applying the material to with 99% isopropyl alcohol ONLY or greater.
-Remove the protective coating from the contact side of the material prior to installation of the Non-Adhesive film and clean the actual Smart film and the glass with 99% isopropyl alcohol only. -Inspect the Self adhesive surface of the film for any burs or raised edges on the side that will be attached to the glass only and remove if necessary.
-Acclimate the Self Adhesive material or the NON-Adhesive product to room temperature before installation and wait 24-48 hours after installation is completed for best results. (This will allow for the Self Adhesive material to out gas and adhere to the surface)
– -We provide a ready to install piece of material that is pre cut to the measurements or template you provide us. Double check your measurements and templates. All cuts are final.
-Dry fit all material prior to installation.
-Remove the protective film that is on the finish side after the film has been installed.
Here are a few installation tips.
1. Install a practice piece with your order first and see how the overall appearance is enhanced after post installation acclimation to room temperature has passed. Self Adhesive Smart Film requires 24-48 hours after installation to acclimate to the surface it has been installed on. It is best to lay material flat for at least 6-12 hours prior to installation in the actual room temperature environment between 55 – 95 degrees Fahrenheit .
2. Be sure that the installation environment is free of Debris, Oils and Dust Particles. Wipe down the glass with the provided micro fiber cloth and a 99% plus mixture of isopropyl alcohol. For mechanical NON-Adhseive installations be sure to also wipe down the contact area of the actual Smart film
3. We provide an installation tool however you can also use a rubber roller to assist in the installation. Every installation is unique. To minimize imperfections please use patience and make sure there are no imperfections in the glass such as pits or scratches prior to installing with this technique. Where latex gloves to eliminate finger print oils from touching the glass and any other foreign darbree.
Smart film product: 2years without human destroy factors.
Your warranty does not cover:
Failure due to improper storage, handling or installation (see installation instructions).
Environmental conditions or usage which exceeds testing and design standards.
Damages resulting from: vandalism, accidents, incorrect installation, inadequate maintenance, neglect, acts of God, misuse, negligence, or abuse.
Alteration, application, or attachment of unapproved materials and/or coatings. Power surges from the Power Company. Responsibility for the cost of removing defective panels; installing new panels; or any freight costs involved in panel replacements.
Because of the nature of the film, small blemishes and/or pinholes may exist in finished laminates.